Re: Re: Query precompilation? - Off topic

От Ned Lilly
Тема Re: Re: Query precompilation? - Off topic
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Mitch,

PMFJI ... Knowledge Engineering is where Great Bridge touches its
customers- it encompasses engineering support, consulting, and
training.  Joe and his colleagues support our paying customers and also
do some development and documentation work.  And of course, they're on
the project mailing lists like everyone else :-)

<propaganda>
We made up the name to highlight what we think is important in an open
source company - real engineers, who deal in knowledge of the software.
So it's not some entry-level operator taking a customer's call, it's
someone who's a trained user of PostgreSQL himself.  Our competitive
advantage as a company can't lie in anything like proprietary software
products- it has to be in the people we hire and retain.
</propaganda>

Regards,
Ned

Mitch Vincent wrote:

> I'm sorry Joe but I must know.. What exactly does a "Knowledge Engineer" do?
> I've never run into a person with that title before.. Perhaps it's because I
> live in my office but I'm still curious..
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Mitch

Ned Lilly                     e: ned@greatbridge.com
Vice President                w: www.greatbridge.com
Evangelism / Hacker Relations        v: 757.233.5523
Great Bridge, LLC                    f: 757.233.5555