Re: Can PostgreSQL be a mail backend?

От Ned Lilly
Тема Re: Can PostgreSQL be a mail backend?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
We're looking at porting GNU Mailman to use Postgres as a backend,
breaking off the mail handling functionality into free-standing Python
scripts, and allowing for a separate presentation layer as well... looks
promising so far.  We'll be doing the development on our greatbridge.org
website - I know Chris (cc'ed) would love to have some help.  Some
people in the Mailman community have expressed interest as well...

Morten W. Petersen wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I'm wondering if postgres could be capable of acting as a
> mail storage.  This would imply storing messages, from
> 1KB to > 100MB in size.  The expected volume is 4000
> messages a day, and the database may store up to,
> lets say, 500000 messages.
>
> Could postgres cope with this?  (How is the support for
> big data fields now BTW?)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Morten

Ned Lilly                     e: ned@greatbridge.com
Vice President                w: www.greatbridge.com
Evangelism / Hacker Relations        v: 757.233.5523
Great Bridge, LLC                    f: 757.233.5555

Сообщение: Re: Can PostgreSQL be a mail backend?
Сообщение: Re: Can PostgreSQL be a mail backend?