Re: Annotatable on-line documentation

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Annotatable on-line documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Richard writes:
>
> > Would this lighten the work load on the folk that are
> > currently maintaining the docs?  Would it lighten the
> > work load for the core developers?  Would it stimulate
> > the development of richer documetation?  Would it draw
> > some of the load off the mailing lists?
>
> My concerns are mostly that that kind of thing would be abused as a
> discussion forum, the quality of the comments is quite low on average, and
> the added efforts to weed out the posts on a regular basis seem
> prohibite.
>
> I don't see any particular advantage coming from this that couldn't be
> achieved in another way.

Well, one thing would be is that it would make it easier for other
people to submit changes to a particular page on the docs. You can just
go there and submit a change. Sending a patch much harder.

Maybe, as someone else suggested, a moderated one. That would stop the
discussion problem.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@cupid.suninternet.com>
http://cupid.suninternet.com/~kleptog/