Re: replicating many to one

От Doiron, Daniel
Тема Re: replicating many to one
Дата
Re: replicating many to one  (Shuwn Yuan Tee <shuwnyuan@binary.com>)
Список pgsql-general
The four source/master servers all have different databases, lets call them A, B, C, and D. We'd like to replicate them
toone cluster that will hold ABCD databases.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of John R Pierce
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2015 2:46 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] replicating many to one

On 6/4/2015 10:07 AM, Doiron, Daniel wrote:
> I have a situation where I need to replicate the databases in 4
> clusters on 4 individual servers to a single cluster on 1 server. So
> far, the best option looks like pgpool statement-based replication,
> the major down side being sequences. Does anyone know a better way to
> achieve this type of replication?

do all of your applications have inherent protection against
collisions?   to use an overly simple example,  if you have an inventory
table, what happens if two nodes concurrently sell the same last units
of a given SKU  ?   Or a banking example, whats to prevent concurrent
transactions on distributed servers handing out the same money ?