RE: transaction safety

От fabrizio.ermini@sysdat.it
Тема RE: transaction safety
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 13 Feb 2001, at 10:58, Michael Ansley wrote:

> OK, someone want to answer this?  I have always been under the impression
> that Postgres would not block under these circumstances, however, this is
> clearly blocking, for no apparently good reason.
>
> I have just run a test on my own server, and this blocking does not happen.
> Both sessions run independently until each has committed, then displaying
> information from the other insert, but definitely not blocking.  It works
> exactly as I would have expected.

This thing has ignited my curiosity, too. I've tested it on a server
and I've obtained your same results, no blocking, as should be.

Don't understand why David experiences a lock. Maybe it has
"SET TRANSACTION SERIALIZABLE" on? Could that be of some
influence? Or maybe it's something that's in those "..." in his
examples, but it seems strange.

just my 0.02 Euro

Ciao!

Fabrizio Ermini               Alternate E-mail:
C.so Umberto, 7               faermini@tin.it
loc. Meleto Valdarno          Mail on GSM: (keep it short!)
52020 Cavriglia (AR)          faermini@sms.tin.it