Re: 7.1 installation problem

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: 7.1 installation problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Alexander Jerusalem writes:
> > I'm running into problems while trying to install 7.1 beta 4 (on RedHat
> > Linux 7 with bug fixes applied)
> > I've downloaded the rpms but when I do an rpm -iv
> > postgres-7.1beta4-1.i386.rpm it complains about an unresolved dependency on
> > libreadline.so.3. I have a libreadline.so.4. Is that ok?

> It should be.  The RPMs are broken in that respect.

No, they're not broken -- unless being built on RedHat 6.2 qualifies as
broken.  RedHat 7 has many differences from RedHat 6.2.  The best thing
to do (until RH 7 RPM's are built -- final release will definitely have
RH 7 binaries) is to rebuild from the source RPM on all BUT RedHat 6.2.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio