Re: SELECT Query returns empty

От Bright D.L.
Тема Re: SELECT Query returns empty
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> Processes P1 and P2 are executables developed in VC++. These are the
>> steps performed by P1 before sending the TCP packet (which acts as a
>> trigger) to P2.
>>
>> 1) Create an insertion query
>> 2) Execute the query
>> 3) Execute a 'Commit' command
> 4) Repeat 2 and 3 how many ever times needed
>> 5) 'Select' part of the last 'insert'ed data to verify whether it is
>> accessible
>> 6) Repeat 6 till the data is available

Sorry a typo - step 6 should be 'Repeat 5 till the data is available'

>> 7) Send a TCP packet to P2 to start its 'Select' query
>>

>Is there any chance that P2 is still in transaction from its last
query?

P2 already completed its transaction before proceeding with the next
query

>Once step 6 completes, can psql see the data?

Yes, P1 makes sure and is able to see the data before sending Packet to
P2.

>Does "select * from pg_stat_activity" show anything unexpected?

I have to investigate on that side.

>Are you directly using libpq or some other connection method?

Yes, I am directly using the libpq library.

klint.

--
Klint Gore
Database Manager