SELECT Query returns empty

От Bright D.L.
Тема SELECT Query returns empty
Дата
Re: SELECT Query returns empty  ("A. Kretschmer" <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com>)
Re: SELECT Query returns empty  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
Список pgsql-general

Hi All,

            I would really appreciate if any one can help me out on the problem that I am facing with PostgreSQL.

The following is the system (Dell laptop) configuration:

Windows XP – SP2, Intel Core 2Duo, 2GB RAM

PostgreSQL v 8.3.3

The scenario:
            There are two separate processes – one (P1) inserting (not updating) data to a table at a high rate (around one record in 10ms) and another (P2) selecting the data from the same table for further processing. P1 and P2 use separate connection to the Database and P1 sends a trigger to P2 after inserting the data to the PostgreSQL.

The issue:

            P2 tries to query the data from the table, and the result set is empty. I modified the logic to send the trigger only after making sure that P1 can successfully query the last record it inserted.

I would like to know why P1 can retrieve the data from the table while P2 can’t.

Thanks and Regards

-Bright

Сообщение: Re: Feature: FOR UPDATE SKIP LOCKED
Сообщение: Re: Feature: FOR UPDATE SKIP LOCKED