Re: Re: concatenate 2 numeric columns..

От Guy Fraser
Тема Re: Re: concatenate 2 numeric columns..
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> I saw some similar things when using to_char on columns will null
> values. I used a case statement to check for nulls in 7.0.3. When
> I switched to using 7.1beta3, the problem was fixed.
>
> On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 01:42:44AM +0530,
>   Anand Raman <araman@india-today.com> wrote:
> > hi guys
> > I wish to concatenate 2 columns of numeric type.. How can it be done..
> >

> > Earlier i tried using the to_char function but it seems to be crashing
> > the backend. Any other option will be greatly appreciated..
> >

> > select to_char(length,'9999D99') || to_char(breadth,'9999D99') from exhibit_distributions
> >
> > This query seems to be crashing the backend when executed over the
> > table..  However when constrained using a appropriate where clause it
> > works..
> >
> > Any other approach??.
> >
> > Thanx
> > Anand

Hi

I am using 7.0.2, here is and example.

Acct-Session-Time is int4
Acct-Delay-Time   is int4

select "Acct-Session-Time" || ',' || "Acct-Delay-Time" as
compound_numbers from febstop limit 2;
compound_numbers
-----------------
1137,0
2083,0
(2 rows)

I also tried :

select "Acct-Session-Time"::text || ',' || "Acct-Delay-Time"::text as
compound_numbers from febstop limit 2;
compound_numbers
1137,0
2083,0
(2 rows)

This is pretty simple but it works for me.

Guy