Re: illegal characters

От Gilles DAROLD
Тема Re: illegal characters
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I don't know what programming language you are using but there's
surely a function named quote which will do that for you.

With perl DBI you can use it like this :

quote :
    Quote a string literal for use as a literal value in an SQL statement
by
    escaping any special characters (such as quotation marks) contained
    within the string and adding the required type of outer quotation
marks.

    $sql = $dbh->quote($string);

Regards

Gilles DAROLD