Re: pgsql/src/bin/pgaccess/lib database.tcl mainli ...

От Constantin Teodorescu
Тема Re: pgsql/src/bin/pgaccess/lib database.tcl mainli ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Tom, we really can't modify these because Constantin keeps the master
> > > copies.  Can you send a diff to him so he can roll it into the next
> > > release?
> >
> > I don't think that's a very tenable policy for code that we keep in our
> > CVS tree.  Any kind of search-and-replace change is likely to hit
> > pgaccess as well as other code; are you going to always be alert enough
> > to slap people on the wrist when they make a change without thinking who
> > owns the "master" file?
> >
> > Perhaps we should remove pgaccess from our CVS tree and have it be
> > shipped as a separate package.
>
> Seems to have worked well in the past.  Constantin has a different
> release schedule than we do, and packages MSWin libraries with his
> tarball.

I think that the best sollution is to syncronize now the sources, leave
pgaccess in CVS and from that moment I'll work on the "official" sources
in your CVS. I will need just a couple of hours to experiment a bit with
that strange thing (I never worked with CVS's :-( ) but, hey, it should
be a start for all, isn't it?

From that moment, the sources will be easy to update.

What do you think?

Constantin Teodorescu

Сообщение: Re: pgsql/src/bin/pgaccess/lib database.tcl mainli ...
Сообщение: Re: pgsql/src/bin/pgaccess/lib database.tcl mainli ...