Re: Is Oracle really so much faster

От Alvar Freude
Тема Re: Is Oracle really so much faster
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Konstantinos Agouros schrieb:

> When I insert I do something like $dbh->{'AutoCommit'} = 0 and every 100,000
> entries or so I do a commit.

try to make the commit every 500 or 1000 inserts. It seems to me, that
PG slow down if there are lots of MBs waiting for commit ...
And also try to make a lot of inserts in one statement (50 or 100 is
OK), this reduces some overhead.

> I use DBI's prepard_statements, although if I re-
> member the manpage correctly that does not have too much impact on PG?

at least it reduces the perl time. I testes it sometime ago: With very
simple (!) statements, it was twice faster then without, as far as i
remember.

Ciao
  Alvar

--