Full text search question (select...match...against).

От Alberto Otero García
Тема Full text search question (select...match...against).
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello everybody,

    We are trying to migrate an application from MySQL to PostgreSQL, and all
works fine except for a text based search we must do.

    In MySQL we can run the next SQL sentence:

    SELECT *, MATCH a,b AGAINST ('sample text') as x FROM t;

    and it returns the a and b columns and a x column with a number that means
how much the text of the a and b columns meets the 'sample text' text.

    Example (taken from the MySQL manual):

mysql> SELECT *,MATCH a,b AGAINST ('collections support') as x FROM t;
+------------------------------+-------------------------------+--------+
| a                            | b                             | x      |
+------------------------------+-------------------------------+--------+
| MySQL has now support        | for full-text search          | 0.3834 |
| Full-text indexes            | are called collections        | 0.3834 |
| Only MyISAM tables           | support collections           | 0.7668 |
| Function MATCH ... AGAINST() | is used to do a search        |      0 |
| Full-text search in MySQL    | implements vector space model |      0 |

    Does anyone know how to do this in PostgreSQL?

    Thank you in advance for your answer.

--
Alberto Otero García              e-mail: alberto@cometatech.com
Cometa Technologies, S.L.         URL: http://www.cometatech.com