Re: How do I list all tables?

От Keith C. Perry
Тема Re: How do I list all tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I think I might have described this wrong- "\dt" works the same in
version 6 and 7.  However "\d *" shows you the detail of **each** table
in the database.  So if you two tables called "status" and "tasks", the
output of "\d *" would be:

Table    = status
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
|              Field               |              Type                |
Length|
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| statid                           | int4
|     4 |
| flag                             | varchar()
|    80 |
| color                            | char()
|     6 |
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+

Table    = tasks
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
|              Field               |              Type                |
Length|
+----------------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| taskid                           | int4
|     4 |
| jid                              | int4
|     4 |
| conid                            | int4
|     4 |
| workdone                         | varchar()
|   800 |
| date                             | char()
|    10 |

if these were the only tables in the database.  Since version 7 of pgSQL
doesn't seem to support this, I would like to know what is the
alternative way to list all of the tables AND their field descriptions?
Thanks