Re: Re: Sure enough, the lock file is gone

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Re: Sure enough, the lock file is gone
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oliver Elphick wrote:
> No, UNIX sockets are specifically mentioned as belonging under /var/run.
> In section 5.10 "/var/run : Run-time variable data", it says: "Programs
> that maintain transient UNIX-domain sockets should place them in this
> directory."
>
> So what ever the outcome for the wider PostgreSQL community, I must make
> the change to conform to Debian policy.

So, if PostgreSQL is a part of Debian, then there will be problems if
the client-server situation isn't somehow fixed to allow robust
location-independent socket finding.

Looks like the same thing is going to happen with RedHat's
distribution.  So, if this is going to occur, let's get a consensus as
to where that alternate location (barring some other solution) is going
to be, so that there are the fewest variants out there.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Сообщение: Re: Re: Sure enough, the lock file is gone
Сообщение: Re: Re: Sure enough, the lock file is gone