RPM: Contrib request.

От Lamar Owen
Тема RPM: Contrib request.
Дата
Re: RPM: Contrib request.  (Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
It has been requested that I ship prebuilt contrib items in the 7.1
RPMset.  Currently, the source code of the whole contrib tree is being
shipped in the main RPM as documentation, but only autoinc and refint
are being prebuilt (as part of the -test subpackage).

I have had three different types of request on this:
1.)    The whole contrib tree prebuilt;
2.)    Select parts of the contrib tree prebuilt (geospatial stuff for the
most part);
3.)    pg_dumplo.

Now, I see a couple of different ways I can go about doing this -- I can
build a large 'postgresql-contrib' RPM (which would also eliminate the
source of the contrib tree in the documentation -- possibly) containing
the _whole_ tree, prebuilt (possibly in /usr/lib/pgsql (or postgresql --
I'm not at all settled on the subdir naming scheme) -- OR, I can build
individual RPMs for each contrib element.

But, in the instance of pg_dumplo -- can I get some ideas on it?  Should
it be shipped as a separate package, or in the -server subpackage, or??
I am open to suggestions.

If PORTS is a more appropriate list to post this, I will do that as
well.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio