Re: extremely newbie questions

От Nicholas Chan
Тема Re: extremely newbie questions
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Thanks for your reply, Dave.

> > 2) where can I find a sample database which can be used for pgAdmin?
> >    Can any regular database created by Microsoft Access be used?
> >    (*.mdb)
>
> No, you you can't use mdb's (though pgAdmin can migrate them for you). You
> need to install PostgreSQL on your linux box - you can get this from
> ftp.postgresql.org, or some distros such as Suse and Redhat come with rpms.
 So this means that I can't use pgAdmin unless my pc is connected to a linux box? Oh :( So are there any other
alternativeson using PostgreSQL on a

standalone windows based PC? And are there any converters around to convert microsoft based databases to a PostgreSQL
readableformat?

 Thanks.

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: RE: Building psql.exe, libpq.dll & libpq.lib (7.1Bet a3)
От: Ned Lilly
Сообщение: Re: pg 7.x and Access 2000 -> #deleted error