Re: .so functions and SQL queries

От Guillaume Lémery
Тема Re: .so functions and SQL queries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> I ran some test to see how many queries PostGreSQL can handle per
>> seconds through the libpq library : not more than 200.
>> [...]
>
> Care to share the specs on the system, or was that number consistent across
> several setups?

I made other tests today and obtain better results :
I have a program that forks itself as many times as I want (parameter)
and which connects to the base and then executes numerous times the same
fetchs (another parameter) : 3 SELECT via libpq and a call to a PLPGSQL
Function that performs 3 SELECT and 3 UPDATE.

In conclusion, PostGreSQL handles about 65 fetches/sec with 15 processes
(= 15 connections).
It means about 550 queries per second.

The postmaster has the -F -N 256 -B 4096 options
The tests are on a Bi-PIII 660 with 1GB RAM.

Are these results good for you ? Or do you think PG can do much better ?

От: "Gregory Wood"
Сообщение: Re: .so functions and SQL queries
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: initdb doesn not create template1 database