Re: Datetime regression tests are all failing

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Datetime regression tests are all failing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Your last commit seems to have broken timestamp, interval, reltime,
> and horology regress tests on HPUX.  Minus signs are showing up in
> a lot of unexpected-looking places...
> Is this now the intended behavior?

Uh, no. Believe it or not, I had just noticed this myself, and have
prepared patches to fix it up.

The problem is with "traditional Postgres" interval output. The behavior
before my recent patches was not correct when there was sign-mixing
between fields, but the patches didn't do anything better, and as you
noticed some of the regression test looks terrible.

Anyway, I was just getting ready to send a note to the list to this
effect. I'll try committing patches in the next few minutes, and I think
the result is the cleanest interval representation we've had. I've
included a few changes to the "leading sign" inclusion for the
"ISO-style" interval also.

There is a small chance that I won't be able to prepare good patches,
since I'm currently sitting behind a firewall and can't update my CVS
tree locally, but I expect to be able to do this on postgresql.org. Wish
me luck ;)
                   - Thomas