Re: Re: postgresql.conf ignored

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Re: postgresql.conf ignored
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> script?  I have pg_options set to do a lot of logging in order to
> track down a problem I'm having, but it isn't working, as it does on
> my old Debian boxes (<gratuitous rant>which I'd stick to if everyone
> around here wasn't already using rpm-based distributions</gratuitious
> rant>).  I don't see any information in the README.rpm file about
> this, and I'm sort of confused (because there are the two files
> here).  This is actually a 7.0.2 RPM from RH 7.  Pointers welcome.

Have you added the required lines to /etc/syslog.conf? (Yes, I know I
haven't thoroughly documented that.  Working on it.).

It _is_ documented in the archives -- do a search on '/etc/syslog.conf'.

The short of it is to add:
local0.*              /var/log/postgresql
to syslog.conf.

It _will_ be better documented in the final 7.1 RPM's -- once I get it
working again on my development machine.  More important was to get the
thing packaged again for the first release.

The syslog.conf lines are not automatically inserted, due to the 'Do No
Harm' principle.  Which, incidentally, is why I try to get upgrading
working somewhat reasonably.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio