Re: MS Access vs IS NULL (was Re: [BUGS] Bug in SQL functions that use a NULL parameter directly)

От Emmanuel Charpentier
Тема Re: MS Access vs IS NULL (was Re: [BUGS] Bug in SQL functions that use a NULL parameter directly)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Mike Mascari <mascarm@mascari.com> writes:
> > I don't have Office 2000, but I can confirm Access 97 generates such
> > queries. The query-builder doesn't generate the 'key = NULL' query, but the
> > use of the Forms interface does.
>
> Yes, it was broken as of a couple years ago.  What I thought I
> remembered hearing was that the current release (which I guess would
> be Office 2000?) is fixed.  The first question is whether that is indeed
> true.  The second question, assuming it's true, is how long to continue
> violating the spec and confusing people in order to cater to old broken
> versions of Access.  My vote is not too darn long, but others may differ.

</Lurking>

I'm afraid so ... Lots of people (including large institutions) have
Office installed as a "standard" interchange tool, use Office 95 or 97,
but are tired of MS' endless "upgrade" tax and won't "upgrade" to Office
2000, except at gunpoint (i. e. disappearance of volume license
agreements for O95 or O97).

So I'm afraid these versions will have a loooong life ...

<Lurking>
                Emmanuel Charpentier

--
Emmanuel Charpentier