Re: Patch for JDBC timestamp problems

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Patch for JDBC timestamp problems
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> Oh, great, I see this patch fixes Mike Cannon's problem too.  I will
> apply it to the main tree now, and it will appear in 7.1.  If you have
> any more improvements, please send them over.  Thanks.

I'm confused, as usual. How does forcing the client time zone to GMT fix
the problem of mismatching client and server time zones? istm that you
still have a problem if the server is not on GMT.

Does creating a static variable affect the threadsafe capabilities of
the driver? If so, it shouldn't be done, but perhaps this is a feature
of the code already?

                      - Thomas