Re: FWD: bizarre behavior of 'time' data entry

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: FWD: bizarre behavior of 'time' data entry
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Postgresql subtracts one minute from any times I enter into a database:
> mydb=# create table test (timeval time);
> mydb=# insert into test values ('08:30');
> mydb=# select * from test;
> ----------
>  08:29:00
> In a later message he says he's running 7.0.2 on "Trustix Secure Linux
> 1.2 (RedHat based)", whatever that is.
> Thomas, did you see this thread on pg-novices?  You ever seen behavior
> like this?  I'm baffled.

Not sure about the distro, but it is hard to imagine that they got it
more wrong wrt compiler options than has Mandrake (the other platform
with rounding trouble in their default packages).

Barry, can you give more details? How have you build PostgreSQL? We'll
need some help tracking this down, but afaik it will point back to a
build problem on your platform.
                    - Thomas