Creating tables from VB

От Neil Ernstzen
Тема Creating tables from VB
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
How do I create tables from VB6 to Postgresql data source which is
located on a network?

My programme bombs out at this stage:

Public Function CreateTables()

'First, connect to MSDE:
ocon.ConnectionString = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security
Info=False;User ID=nernstzen;Data Source=PostgreSQL"
ocon.Open

'Define the database objects required:
'Dim oDatabase As sqldmo.Database
Dim oDatabase As Object
Set oDatabase = CreateObject("sqldmo.Database")

'Dim colUsername As New sqldmo.Column
Dim colUsername As Object
Set colUsername = CreateObject("sqldmo.Column")

'Select the database that tables will be added to:
' Get the XYZ database
Set oDatabase = ocon.databases("XYZ").....................

At this stage my programme says "Arguments are of the wrong type,are out
of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another". Thanks

AND

What is the Postgresql equivalent of SQLDMO?