Re: Re: GiST for 7.1 !!

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Re: GiST for 7.1 !!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Oleg ... how about a contrib/patches directory that we put this into for
> v7.1 release, so that ppl have access to it, and then we apply the patch
> first thing for part of v7.2?

And have Mandrake ship postgresql-v7.1-GiST-1mdk.rpm by default ;)

I would  even vote for including the ability to index int(4) arrays in
the
main distribution and not in contrib, similar to the current state of
plpgsq
and other pl* - ie they are compiled by default but not "activated".

Assumption that arrays are indexable seems to come up once or twice a
month on the mailing lists.

Hannu