Re: drop table and pg_proc

От mlw
Тема Re: drop table and pg_proc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> Suppose a function using table t1 as its argument:
>
> create table t1(...
> create fuction f1(t1) returns...
>
> And if I drop t1 then do pg_dump, I would got something like:
>
>         failed sanity check, type with oid 1905168 was not found
>
> This is because the type t1 does not exist anynmore. Since not being
> able to make a back up of database is a critical problem, I think we
> have to fix this.
>
> 1) remove that proc entry from pg_proc if t1 is deleted
>
> 2) fix pg_dump so that it ignores sunch a bogus entry
>
> 3) do both 1) and 2)

I have the same problem with views. If I create a view, drop/recreate
the tables to which it references, pg_dump fails unless I also drop and
recreate the view. I have seen similar behavior with indexes based on
user functions, when a function is dropped and recreated.

I suspect that this is because all these things get an OID, and the OIDs
change when things get modified. There should be a way to reassign
dependencies, perhaps vacuum should be able to do this?

--
http://www.mohawksoft.com