Re: Re: Beta2 ... ?

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Re: Beta2 ... ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Lamar Owen writes:
> > Enlighten me.  DESTDIR does?
> It installs files at a different place than where they will eventually
> reside.  E.g., if your --prefix is /usr/local and DESTDIR=/var/tmp/foo
> then the files will end up in /var/tmp/foo/usr/local.  This is exactly for
> package management type applications.

Good.
> Then it's not surprising that things don't work since neither POSTGRESDIR
> nor PREFIX are used anywhere in PostgreSQL makefiles.

Had they been prior to 7.1?

> ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc \
>             --docdir=/usr/share/doc/postgresql-'$(VERSION)' \
>             --mandir=/usr/share/man \
>             ...other options...

Already doing all of that, except --sysconfdir and friends.  It's more
complicated than the above:
./configure --prefic=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc \           --docdir=%{_docdir}/%{name}/%{version} \
--mandir=%{_mandir}\           ....

to take into account the differing distributions' differing ideas of
where things ought to be put.

> make all
> make install DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT

Much simpler.  Will get back as soon as I get time to run a build (staff
meeting here in ten minutes.....).

Does the python build stuff use DESTDIR these days?  The perl stuff
needs some other things, unfortunately.  I need to look in the CPAN RPM
spec's to get examples of how to do this portably without major
connarptions.

I knew you had changed something along those lines; I even remember a
message listing the switches necessary; but I could not find it in my
message archive.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio