Re: Re: Loading optimization

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Re: Loading optimization
Дата
Re: Re: Loading optimization
Список pgsql-general
Ian Harding wrote:

> Gary Wesley wrote:
>
> > Is there any advantage to having data sorted before populating it into a
> > table?
> > (In 6.5)
> >
> > Gary Wesley
>
> Yes.  You have effectively loaded it with a clustered index.  If you
> cluster an index on the sort column after loading it, the sort will remain
> in effect and will speed queries/joins that use that column.

But does postgres actually use the fact that the data is clustered? I
keep thinking that here I could cluster all our data such that a
sequential
search is almost always a bad idea but I have no idea how to relate that
fact to postgres...
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@cupid.suninternet.com>
http://cupid.suninternet.com/~kleptog/