Attn: Peter Mount

От Allan Huffman
Тема Attn: Peter Mount
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hello Peter,

Email to your petermount@maidstone.gov.uk is not working it returns the
following:
-   Peter Mount on Mon, 8 Jan 2001 09:03:47 -0000
-   The recipient name is not recognized
-  The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=GB;a= ;p=Maidstone
-   BC;l=EXCHANGE10101080903CMK14JKK MSEXCH:IMS:Maidstone Borough
-  Council:MAIDSTONE:EXCHANGE1 0 (000C05A6)
-  Unknown Recipient

Happy new year!  Hope that all your endeavors are successful.

Well before winter break I made some head-way.  After scrubbing the
system and ensuring that I'm using the right Postgresql.jar file with
the version of the database server (7.0.2), and using the connection
code that you gave me, I've gotten the applet to run using the Netscape
Communicator browser 4.73.

Yep it is a pure applet.  No servlette running.  This is where I'm
confused. As a pure applet the JDBC calls have to be handled by the
browser don't they? So there has to be a JDBC driver on the client PC.
So I figgure that the Netscape Navigator has one but the MS Explorer
doesn't even though I loaded the MS
virtual machine.

When I get back to this application I'm going to use a applet/servlet
architecture to reduce the download times.

I've still not been able to get the MSExplorer to run the applet.  The
applet loads OK but produces the error:
*    No suitable driver
when executing:
-    Properties prop = new Properties();
-    prop.put("user", "postgres");
-    prop.put("passwrod", "postgres");
-    con =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://demo.ppc.pims.org:5432/cpass",
prop);

Thinking that it may be looking for the server JDBC driver, I've tried
every possible combination of codebase= and archive= address I can think
of.  When I put in a absolute URL for the code=  the web server could
not find the code
(and logged an error telling me "File not found!").  But with the "No
suitable driver" error there is no Netscape Server error logged.  So I
suspect that the problem is on the server side.  I'm presently using:

<APPLET CODE="hope.class" CODEBASE="http://demo.ppc.pims.org/PASS"
ARCHIVE="http://demo.ppc.pims.org/PASS/postgresql.jar" WIDTH=770
HEIGTH=510></APPLET>

Thanks for your time and recommendations,

Sincerely,

Allan