Possible "off-topic"

От Tulio Oliveira
Тема Possible "off-topic"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi, ALL

I just install:

Postgres 7.0.2
Apache 1.3.14
PHP4
Over RedHat Linux 6.2
On a Notebook Toshiba Satellite Pro

It's working fine, but I have 2 problems.

1) The arrows-keys (up,down,left,right) don't work in PSQL prompt.
Instead this keys, it returns ^[[A  ,  ^[[B  ,  ^[[C  ,   ^[[D
And when I access the notebook from other machine via TELNET, the
BACKSPACE don't works too. (^H isntead).
It's very dificult edit tables and manage the database without this
keys.
Anyone know any configuration to adjust this ??

2) When I startup the X system, and runs Netscape from the same
notebook, the time to make de CONNECTION into Postgres is too slow. More
than 30 seconds....
But when I access the notebook via another machine, the connection is
fast.
Anyone know if the X system conflicts with POSTMASTER ?
I need make some presentations with this notebook.

Regards,

Tulio Oliveira

AKACIA TECNOLOGIA
Desenvolvimento de sistemas para Internet
www.akacia.com.br