DBD::Pg

От David Wright
Тема DBD::Pg
Дата
Re: DBD::Pg  (Luc Bouchard <luc@luker.on.ca>)
Список pgsql-interfaces
I am resubmitting this message because the original had an incorrect
reply-to address.....
:-)

I have recently installed Mandrake 7.1 and am trying to install the
DBD::Pg module to interface with the distributions PostgreSQL which is
version 6.5.3

The Perl is version 5.6.0 and I downloaded the DBD-Pg-0.95 tar file from

CPAN.

As root, I cd to /tmp and untarred the DBD-Pg-0.95. From this directory
I now set the POSTGRES_HOME to /usr/lib/pgsql, POSTGRES_LIB to
/usr/lib/pgsql and POSTGRES_INCLUDE to /usr/include.

perl Makefile.PL runs Ok
make produces an error message saying "libpq-fe.h: No such file or
directory". I have found documentation around the Internet saying that
this file is required by programs using libpq.so but have not been able
to find where I can get this header file from!!

I am getting frustrated! Anyone able to assist please?

David