Re: Creating locales.

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Creating locales.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tim Uckun wrote:

> I have been searching without luck on a howto on how to create locales for
> postgres. Could somebody please point me in the general direction? Thanks.

PostgreSQL uses system locales (even to the extent that I was unable to
get
it use any other locale by setting LC_* variables in
/etc/init.d/rc.d/postgres)

I did have to modify my locale (et_EE) to _not_ group \xff (ÿaut;)
with
other y-s but to sort it after all other "standard" chars to work
properly
with LIKE optimisations. Perhaps the right approach would be to leave
\xff
alone and to choose some character in the 128-159 range for
bigger-than-any-other-char but as \xff is not used in estonian i was
able
to do away with just moving it.

OTOH, it may be a good idea to start a repository for locales that are
specifilally modified to work well with postgres.

We may want to move the locale stuff inside the backend someday as
mandated
by SQL standards and then some work would be already done.

--------
Hannu