Re: date_part function

От John Burski
Тема Re: date_part function
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
My bad!!

I was reading the docs for 7.0.3 (which I've installed on my workstation)
and ssh'd across to a different box using an older version (6.5.2).  Too
many xterms running at the same time.  Sheesh!  I need a vacation!

Tom Lane wrote:

> John Burski <John.Burski@911ep.com> writes:
> > I submitted the following query:
> >      select date_part('dow', timestamp 'now');
> > and received the following results:
> >      ERROR:  Function 'date_part(text, timestamp)' does not exist
> >       Unable to identify a function which satisfies the given
> >      argument types
> >       You will have to retype your query using explicit typecasts
>
> Odd.  It works fine for me.  What do you get from psql's "\df date_part"?

John Burski
Chief IT Cook and Bottlewasher
911 Emergency Products, St. Cloud, MN
(320) 656 0076       www.911ep.com