Re: How to represent a tree-structure in a relational database

От Ron Peterson
Тема Re: How to represent a tree-structure in a relational database
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Ron Peterson wrote:

> This structure is more 'normal' in the sense that nodes without children
> (in a tree, the leaf nodes) don't have records in the edge table.

Phghpth.  Should have had my coffee first.  The first data structure
given would only have a null parent id for the root node, not all the
leaf nodes.  My mistake.  Thought it might be politic to point that out
before someone (correctly) called me an idiot.

-Ron-