Re: Create table doesn't work in plpgsql

От Volker Paul
Тема Re: Create table doesn't work in plpgsql
Дата
Re: Create table doesn't work in plpgsql  (Jie Liang <jliang@ipinc.com>)
Re: Create table doesn't work in plpgsql  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

> I don't think you can use DDL(data definition language) in PL/SQL.
> create table is not DML(data munipulation language) instead
> it's a DDL.
Thanks, but that leaves me with a problem.
What I really want to do is something like
select str from person where id=1234;
where str is a string that contains an expression like
famname || ', ' || givname
i.e. the final select is
select famname || ', ' || givname from person where id=1234;
I know it's possible by building the select e.g. in bash
and calling psql with it as an argument, but do you see a possibility
that is closer to Postgres, e.g. in plpgsql?

Volker Paul