bug

От Sandeep Joshi
Тема bug
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Your name   :            Sandeep Joshi
Your email address  :  sjoshi@zambeel.com

System Configuration
---------------------
  Architecture (example: Intel Pentium)   : Intel Pentium

  Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF)  : Linux 2.2.16-3

  PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-7.0):   PostgreSQL-7.0.3

  Compiler used (example:  gcc 2.8.0)   : egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux
(egcs-1.1.2 release)

1. If I kill postmaster then if I try to restart then I get errors
saying it is
    already running.

pg_ctl: It seems another postmaster is running. Try to start postmaster
anyway.
FATAL: StreamServerPort: bind() failed: Address already in use
        Is another postmaster already running on that port?
        If not, remove socket node (/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432) and retry.
/work/postgres/bin/postmaster: cannot create UNIX stream port
pg_ctl: Cannot start postmaster. Is another postmaster is running?

Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a

pg_ctl start
ps auxww | grep postmaster
kill -9 $pid
pg_ctl start

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:

pg_ctl should check whether the process and socket specified does exist
or not.