Re: Postgres demographics?

От Ned Lilly
Тема Re: Postgres demographics?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Great Bridge conducted a survey of current Postgres users in May 2000
(n=343), with lots of good info on the environments used, types of
applications, users, etc.

We're happy to share the results with the community at:

http://www.greatbridge.com/surveys/pgsurvey0500.php

Regards,
Ned

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, GH wrote:

> Has anybody collected information about what people use Postgres how and
> to do what? I think it would be interesting to see where our Collective
> got its roots.
>
> Personally, I came from a PHP background using MySQL. An eCommerce (oh, I
> hate that word) project stretched the limits of MySQL and Postgres fit
> the bill very nicely. I was somewhat hesitant due to the massive
> anti-Postgres propaganda spread by just about everybody, but I am glad I
> made the switch and would not consider using MySQL for any but the
> simplest and least likely to grow project.
>
> Hats off to -core and to other developers as well as to the community.
> We have a Good Thing.
>
> gh

Ned Lilly                     e: ned@greatbridge.com
Vice President                w: www.greatbridge.com
Evangelism / Hacker Relations        v: 757.233.5523
Great Bridge, LLC                    f: 757.233.5555