Re: Sample databases?

От Jeff Hoffmann
Тема Re: Sample databases?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > Perhaps we can create a substantial test database? (Millions of records,
> > many tables, and a number of relations.) So when we see a problem, we
> > can all see it right away. I like "real world" data, because it is often
> > more organic than randomized test data, and brings out more issues. Take
> > index selection during a select, for instance.
>
> The regression database is such a beast, but is not large enough for the
> millions of records kinds of tests.
>
> Suggestions?

maybe the Tiger database.  it's certainly big enough & freely
available.  if you're not familiar with tiger, it's a street database
from the census department.  you can find it at
ftp://ftp.linuxvc.com/pub/US-map.  it's in plain text format, but
trivial to import.  it's set up in several (at least a dozen tables)
which are heavily interrelated & sometimes in fairly complex ways.

--

Jeff Hoffmann
PropertyKey.com