Re: Selecting Most Recent Row

От Steve Meynell
Тема Re: Selecting Most Recent Row
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Joel,   Thank you very much.  I gave that a try and it worked perfectly.  It
definately was the distinct keyword I was missing.

Thanks Again,
Steve

Joel Burton wrote:

> Will DateStamp being the date of insertion? If so, is it that you want
> the record for the most recent (largest) datestamp for each
> batch_number?
>
> something like
>
> SELECT DISTINCT ON (batch_number) unique_key, datestamp,
> batch_number, instructions FROM widgets ORDER BY batch_number,
> datestamp desc;
>
> (sort by batch then by date (last first) and show the first (aka
> 'distinct') row, considering only the batch_number for distinctness)

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Frank Joerdens
Сообщение: Re: How to represent a tree-structure in a relational database
Сообщение: Re: How to represent a tree-structure in a relational database