Re: TOAST & performance with lots of big columns in a table

От Frank Joerdens
Тема Re: TOAST & performance with lots of big columns in a table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Uh, I think I was wired rather the wrong way up, this question is
confused. What a little fresh air can do. Cycling home from the office
cleared the confusion in my head: It is of course nonsense to store all
translations in a single row, also to have different tables for
different languages. You have one table with a 'language' field that
stores the information as to whether this is English, French, etc.; and
then another table for the meta stuff, that also links to the authors
table etc.. So simple. I am a little embarassed.