Re: v7.1 RPMs

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: v7.1 RPMs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Gordan Bobic wrote:

> Have the RPMs been published yet? I seem to remember somebody saying that
> they should be on the web site by the last weekend, but I can't find them.
> A link would be appreciated... I need some of the new features, but I'd
> rather avoid working out all the strange file locations (i.e. not
> /usr/local) for a RH6.2 system...

They will be ready soon.  I said that I usually have them available
within a week after release -- release was this past weekend.  However,
if you need the new features _in_production_ you would be advised to
wait until a non-beta 7.1 release.

If you are just wanting to test new features, then the first beta is
appropriate -- but, IMO, it is not appropriate to put the first beta
into a production environment -- even though this first beta appears
pretty solid (as PostgreSQL betas typically are), it is _beta_. Also,
the first beta RPMs will probably only be available for RedHat 6.2 and
RedHat 7 at first.  Other distributions will be available later in the
beta cycle.

I hope to have time to work on the 7.1beta1 RPM's this week -- but my
work schedule has delayed me, thanks to some bad weather coming in to
our area.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio