Re: pg_dump ORDER BY

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: pg_dump ORDER BY
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
> Hi,
>
> I did a mistake lastnight.
> I have 2 databases of the same structure: db1, db2
>
> Now I need to pg_dump them and do a diff.
> Therefor I need the contents of the tables to be ordered.

If you have databases (db1 and db2) and two tables in each
(t1 and t2), I think it would be easiest to dump each table
independently (pg_dump -t t1 d1 > /tmp/d1t1) and diff that to its
sister table.

You could pretty easily turn diff into COPY input.

If you do a full pg_dump of the database, you'll get non-data stuff,
like all of the sequences, index declarations, etc. (Unless *that's*
what you want to reconcile.)

--
Joel Burton, Director of Information Systems -*- jburton@scw.org
Support Center of Washington (www.scw.org)