HeapTuple?

От mlw
Тема HeapTuple?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Could someone explain this to me?

(This is my second attempt at asking this)

create function bunch_o_tuples (varchar) returns opaque       as '/local/projects/phoenix/pg/pgtpl.so', 'tuple'
language'c';

I should be able to do either:

create table fubar as select bunch_o_tuples('bla bla');

or

select * from table where field = bunch_o_tuples('bla bla');

I call CreateTemplateTupleDesc(2), this creates a heaptuple with two
empty entries.

I can then use the TupleDesc returned as a parameter for heap_formtuple.

I can't quite get where I can get valid type oids or how to initialize
the types, and type names, and values.

Also, can someone explain this to me....

Do I have a heap tuple with one entry that acts like a container, and
create [n] heaptuples with the values, or are heaptuples somehow
inherently containers.

Any help anyone could give me, on any of these issues would be helpful.
I'm sure this is a common problem, and if someone helps me I promise I
will submit a FAQ and some sample code. ;-)
--
http://www.mohawksoft.com