Re: How To Log User Name + Database?

От Ed Loehr
Тема Re: How To Log User Name + Database?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Ed Loehr writes:
>
> > Can anyone tell me how to log the db user name and db name to the server
> > log?  Is this possible at present?  Couldn't find anything about it in
> > the docs or deja...
>
> Now that you've found out that version 7.1, which will appear sometime
> within the next five years, can do this, I think if you crank up the debug
> level (-d) in 7.0 you should get some similar output.  I'm fairly certain
> that the code was already there, I just wrapped it into a new name.

Thanks.  While helpful to know, that is not quite what I was thinking of,
given it only logs the user name and db once (upon backend start-up).  I
was hoping for something that didn't require the correlation with an
earlier log line in order to make sense of it.  Granted this is redundant
information if you can figure it out by connecting it with the earlier
log line;  I'm just suggesting what looks like a more easily usable
approach.

Regards,
Ed Loehr