ECPG could not connect to the database.

От Joachim Jaeckel
Тема ECPG could not connect to the database.
Дата
Re: ECPG could not connect to the database.  (Artur Pietruk <arturp@plukwa.pdi.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I´m trying to use embedded sql with postgresql through ecpg. But if I
try to make a connection to my database, I get the following error at
runtime:

Could not connect to database buecher@localhost in line 18.
(I´m using postgresql 7.0.2)

psql and the jdbc is working, but not the ecpg connection.

I tried the follwing connect statements:

exec sql connect to buecher;
exec sql connect to buecher user joe;
exec sql connect to buecher user joe identified by blubber;

and everything ends in the same message.

Do I have to configure something additionally for ecpg? Or anything else
special?

Hope you could help me?

Thanks in advance.
Joachim.