Re: JDBC and long TEXT fields

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: JDBC and long TEXT fields
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> I am trying to insert rows into a table containing a field of type "TEXT".
> The documentation says there is no limit to the size of this field; yet,
> when I try to insert or update a row with a field contents of around 10k, I
> get an error from the JDBC driver...

As Greg points out, there is an upper limit. I would hope that the docs
say that TEXT has no *fixed* limit, unlike SQL9x types char() and
varchar().

Let us know if that is not what the docs say (and where they don't say
that ;) and we'll get them fixed up. Though for the next release there
is only a huge upper limit, in principle.
                  - Thomas

Сообщение: Re: JDBC and long TEXT fields
Сообщение: Re: JDBC and long TEXT fields