Re: I can be a BUG?

От Roberto Mello
Тема Re: I can be a BUG?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Tom Lane wrote:

> It kinda sounds like your wife created those tables in template1.
>
> Duplicating template1's contents into new databases isn't a bug,
> it's a feature ;-)
I've seen this behaviour too. Yesterday I pg_dumpall my 7.01 db
compiled from scratch and loaded in PG 7.02 installed from Debian
packages (I know a pg_dumpall wasn't needed, but I did it anyway).When I went into psql, I was some of my databases
withall the pg_*

tables. Why? Also, if I dropdb the database and createdb it again, it's
as if I never deleted it. Is that normal/bug/feature? Why?
-Roberto

P.S: It's nice to see some Brazilians on the list :) I am from Brazil
too. I hope Conectiva is promoting PostgreSQL down there.
--
Computer Science            Utah State University
Space Dynamics Laboratory        Web Developer