Re: server permissions for sql copy

От Joel Burton
Тема Re: server permissions for sql copy
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I'm running PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on Caldera eDesktop 2.4.
> when I try to use the SQL COPY command in psql, I get
> an error message informing me that the backend could
> not open the file for reading.  I think the error
> number was 13 - Permission denied.  I changed the
> permissions of the directory and file to
> world-readable; but I still get the same error
> message.

Keep in mind it's the *server* process (user postgres), trying to get
to the file, not the psql user (probably you). Is the file in *your*
home directory?

You'll need to chmod a+rx this directory, and all directories above
this directory.

On our server, we've created a directory for pgsql copying and
dumping that is rwx for postgres and our DBAs.

--
Joel Burton, Director of Information Systems -*- jburton@scw.org
Support Center of Washington (www.scw.org)

Сообщение: Re: RFC: User reviews of PostgreSQL RI functionality
Сообщение: Re: RFC: User reviews of PostgreSQL RI functionality