Re: count( distinct x )

От Anthony
Тема Re: count( distinct x )
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Najm Hashmi wrote:

> Anthony wrote:
>
> > Michael Fork wrote:
> >
> > > I think you want
> > >
> > > SELECT count(distinct(area)) FROM areapostcode WHERE postcode LIKE 'BS1%'
> > >

> > psql still not happy :(
> >
> > SELECT count(distinct(area)) FROM areapostcode WHERE postcode LIKE 'BS1%';
> > ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "distinct"
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bap.
> >

> > > Michael Fork - CCNA - MCP - A+
> > > Network Support - Toledo Internet Access - Toledo Ohio

> Hi,
> I think this might work: It works on my machine, and I have postgres 7.xx
>  SELECT distinct(count(area)) FROM areapostcode WHERE postcode LIKE 'BS1%'
>
> Regrads
> Najm

no, this one succedes, but returns the count of   select area from areapostcode where postcode like 'BS1%'
not the count of   select distinct area from areapostcode where postcode like 'BS1%'

but I have just replied to this list with the following

select version();
version
PostgreSQL 6.5.3 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc egcs-2.91.66
(1 row)

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: