Re: how many rows? [was Re: fetching rows]]

От Roberto Mello
Тема Re: how many rows? [was Re: fetching rows]]
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"Robert B. Easter" wrote:

> If someone has done it a better way, I'd like to hear how.  However,
> sometimes it is possible to cache a count(*) value somewhere in the database
> so it doesn't have to be found everytime - it depends on your database and
> what the select is if you can store the count in advance somehow.
I don't know how it was implemented (source code is available), but the
PostgreSQL driver for AOLserver (a kick-butt web server for
database-backed websites) has a function that does that. All I do after
a SQL statement is:
set rowcount [ns_pg ntuples]
in my Tcl code and there it is. The driver is available at either
http://www.aolserver.com or http://www.openacs.org (the latter has a
more elaborate version of the driver).
-Roberto
--
Computer Science            Utah State University
Space Dynamics Laboratory        Web Developer

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Robert B. Easter"
Сообщение: Re: how many rows? [was Re: fetching rows]
От: "Diehl, Jeffrey"
Сообщение: RE: UNION in views